In case you missed it, there was an election this past Tuesday. A few people showed up. Some are elated at the result, while some are ready to jump off the nearest bridge or building they can find.
I thought I’d share a few positives on this Saturday evening because everyone probably needs a little more positivity in their lives at this point (regardless of whether your candidate won or not).
- Finding almost the entire series of one of your favorite sitcoms at Goodwill (in my case, it was the BBC sitcom As Time Goes By).
- A day with perfect fall weather.
- Hot chocolate on said day with perfect fall weather.
- Waking up in the morning.
- Not being dead.
- Pets that love you no matter what.
- Random acts of kindness all around us.
- The hope of the Gospel that still saves people like you and me.
- Time traveling back into the past via the Turner Classic Movie Channel and their old movies.
- A good mystery novel and a piping hot cup of tea.
- Just a piping hot cup of tea.
- Sleeping under the covers under a ceiling fan, even in the dead of winter.
- Those 50% off Criterion movie sales at Barnes and Noble.
- That feeling after you take your socks off.
- Sleeping in on Saturday mornings.
- Seeing your life as an adventure and living it that way.
Take as many of these as you like and leave the rest. Not everyone will agree with me on everything on the list (like those weird people who only like weather that is ridiculously hot and humid).
I’ve heard and found to be true that you pretty often find what you’re looking for, so if you only look for the negative and depressing, you’ll very often find it. The same goes for positive and uplifting. So maybe turn off the news and go outside for a change.