It was a good Sunday for several reasons. I thought I’d share a few of them with you:
- I woke up this morning, so that automatically makes it a good day.
- I managed to get through both services without messing up the worship lyrics or the video of the baptisms. It can be a bit stressful at times, but it is worth it to experience worship in a whole new way.
- I had a fantastic Greek omelet at Athens Family Restaurant.
- I picked up a classic Lucinda Williams album at Grimeys Too.
- While it wasn’t the ideal fall weather that I love, it wasn’t 95 degrees with 95% humidity. Gotta take what you can get here in the great state of Tennessee.
- I’m still breathing and my heart is still beating as I’m typing these words.
- I experienced more foodie goodness at Local Taco.
- Obviously, I didn’t go hungry today.
- I’m still saved by grace, and that’s nothing I can brag about. God did it all.
- I have one sleeping geriatric teenage feline on the pillow next to mine right now and that makes just about any situation better.
- I have a good job to wake up early and go to in the morning that pays the bills and challenges me and allows me to help people (even if it’s in a more indirect way).
- I have a comfy bed to sleep in and a solid roof over my head tonight.
- See #9 again if you still doubt the goodness of this Sunday.
That hardly begins to cover why this was a good day for me. If I took the time to write all the reasons down, I’d most likely be up all night, and that would likely make Monday not such a good day.
So, lucky 13 will have to do for now. See you all tomorrow evening with something (hopefully) fresh and inspired.